20 Traffic Generating Facebook Groups for your Blog
20 Traffic Generating Facebook Groups for your Blog
Traffic generation! It’s on every blogger’s mind. How do you get traffic? How do you keep traffic? What’s the secret sauce method to getting high page views?
You’ve asked yourself all these questions and more! It can be a challenging task to get traffic to your blog, especially if it’s brand new. Luckily, I’ve got good news! There is a super simple FREE way to get massive, bountiful traffic to your blog:
Yes, Facebook. Ok, ok, I know what you may be thinking. Facebook ads or bustling fan pages. Nope. It’s all in the groups, my friend. Facebook groups.
What’s a Facebook group?
A Facebook group is like an online club on Facebook. Anyone can create a group and once it’s formed, you can invite your peers, friends, and family on Facebook to join.
There are Facebook groups about every topic under the sun: recipes, new moms, babies, homeschooling, blogging, and even local groups on garage sales, local gigs, items for sale, etc. It’s all pretty incredible.
So, how can you use Facebook groups for traffic? Here’s how!
Facebook Groups for Traffic
Follow these easy steps to get starter:
1. Head to Facebook and login. Go to the search bar and type in your niche.
2. Search groups of interest and join.
3. Once you’ve joined a few groups, check them out. Introduce yourself, be social, and engage with your group mates.
That’s it! The three step process above is how you get started with Facebook groups.
The process can get quite addicting, especially if you search broader terms like “blog,” “blogger,” “blogging,” “business,” etc. It’s easy to click the “join” button and become a little click happy.
Now that we’ve gone over how to join Facebook groups, let’s talk about engagement groups!
You want to target engagement Facebook groups for traffic. So, what’s an engagement group? It’s a group that offers reciprocal threads for growth and traffic. Engagement groups also stir up engagement and activity among members discussing goals, challenges, wins, helpful tips, hacks, etc.
How it works? With reciprocal thread groups, you do an action (or a favor) for someone else and in return you get that action done for you. Some examples:
- Follow for Follow Threads: You follow them on Pinterest/You get a Pinterest follow, You follow them on Bloglovin/You get a Bloglovin follow
- Like for Like Threads: You like their Facebook post/You get a Facebook post like
- Comment for Comment Threads: You comment on their blog post/you get a blog post comment
These are just a few examples. There are tons of different types of engagement including blog subscribes, 5 star feedback, etc. You will also find engagement groups with threads that challenge you to share and be active. Some examples:
- Winning Wednesdays: Share your win of the week
- Ask Me Anything: Ask the admin questions about blogging, business, etc.
- Feedback Fridays: Get feedback on anything you’re currently working on
I went a little Facebook group crazy, I must admit. I’m currently a part of 75+ groups. Can you believe it? However, they aren’t all for business. I’m in a few local groups, some recipe and vegan groups, mommy groups, and more.
And thanks to the help of Facebook groups, my first blog went from zero to 10K page views in month one! Plus, I didn’t use any other advertising or promotion, just groups. Wanna get in on the action?
To get started, here are 20 traffic generating Facebook groups for your blog:
There you have it! 20 traffic boosting Facebook groups just for you! Click the links above each group image to be taken straight to the group to join!
My best tips for Facebook groups:
- Make a list of terms you’d like to search to find relevant groups. Examples: your niche, blog or blogging, business or related terms, etc.
- Favorite your most visited groups
- If you’re having trouble keeping up with which threads you participated in, just write it down OR go to the group search bar and type in your name (your FB personal name) and it’ll show a list of threads you commented on
- Too many threads to handle? Outsource to your virtual assistant. Many bloggers and businesses have their VA handle social media tasks
- Create a group yourself (or multiple groups): You heard me! It might sound like a big challenge but it’s not. Think about what goals you have in mind for your group, name it, create it, decorate it (make a board cover) and invite your friends. Easy!
These tips are great for keeping you organized and getting the most traffic out of groups.
These groups are great for engagement and activity. Get yours pins repinned, get your Facebook posts liked, collect blog subscribers, and much more. If you’re looking to connect and network with peers, this collection of Facebook groups is perfect for that, too!
Since joining Facebook groups a few years ago, I’ve made a lot of friends, learned even more, and got traffic so much faster than other methods I’ve tried prior. Plus, the best part, groups are free! What a great way to promote your brand without tugging at your wallet.
Check out these Facebook groups above to start your blog growth journey!
Jenn Leach is a corporate mom turned digital nomad conquering the Internet world in e-commerce and blogging. After two successful website flips, she’s currently blogging over at Love My Blog, where she teaches powerful blogging techniques to bring traffic to your site and money in your wallet while working from home.
Follow Me On: Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest / LinkedIn